Friday, May 15, 2009

painful love

Dear Sook-Hee,

Hi. A year ago, I liked a boy. He is handsome but I'm not pretty. So I thought I should give up. However, my heart is really sore and last night I cried. Sook-hee, please give me good advice!

Signed,
Painful Love

******************************

Dear Painful,

Why do you like this boy? Is it only because he is handsome? If that is the only reason, then even if he was to become your boyfriend, perhaps you would become bored quickly. Is he nice? intelligent? Think of all the good qualities he may have and now look at your good qualities. Many people look at someone else's looks initially and not what's on the inside. Though you think you are not pretty, you do not know how other people see you. Boys love girls who smile and are relaxed with themselves. A beautiful smile makes every person lovely. Be friendly when you see him and make him feel special. Boys at this age are very insecure and a kind word from any girl goes a long way. Don't give up :)

Your friend,
Sook-Hee

No comments:

Post a Comment