Wednesday, April 22, 2009

chewy puppy

Dear Sook-Hee,

I have a dog. He is very cute, but he bites my hands and chews on my hair. My father said, "I don't like him," because of this but I really like him and I want to keep him. What should I do?

Signed,
Ong

*****************************************

Dear Ong,

I can really understand your situation. I had a puppy that chewed my pillows, my chairs, my shoes, my ankles and everything she could get her little teeth on! But that's just it; she was a puppy and puppies need to chew to develop their teeth. Your dog loves you and is just playing with you; he is not trying to hurt you. Encourage him to chew on rawhide dog bones you can buy at the store. For 1,000 won you can buy a little bag of dog chews and it keeps him healthy and your dad happy. If your dog starts chewing on you, gently but firmly say, "No!" and give him the bone to chew on instead. It may take a week or so and some patience, but you and your dog should be fine.

your friend,
Sook-Hee

No comments:

Post a Comment