Wednesday, April 22, 2009

teacher or actor?



Dear Sook-Hee,

I want to be an actor or a children's school teacher. I don't know which one to choose. What should I do?

Signed,
Sunny

*****************************************
Dear Sunny,

Well, there's no reason why you can't be both at the same time! It is obvious that you like children, but you may very well be a gifted actor as well. There are many children television programs that teach while entertaining. I grew up on educational T.V. shows like "Sesame Street," "School House Rock," "Mister Rogers Neighborhood" and "The Muppet Show." Since school is very hard, why not make learning for children fun? You could be the one to do that.

To begin, start watching T.V. programs that teach children. Look online for acting classes and auditions for plays and little parts in movies. I know this may be difficult in a small town, but there are more opportunites in Busan or Seoul. Good luck! I look forward to seeing you on T.V.

your friend,
Sook-Hee

No comments:

Post a Comment