Wednesday, April 22, 2009

so tired


Dear Sook-Hee

Hello, my name is Cookie. My problem is studying. Studying is very difficult. How do I do it? I am SO tired. Help me!

Signed,
Cookie

*****************************************

Dear Cookie,

When I was your age I was tired ALL the time. I thought there was something wrong with me! Now I know that when you are a teenager, your body is doing a lot of growing and going through chemical changes that leave you feeling quite fatigued. Did you know that research has found that teenagers need 9-10 hours of sleep? Do you know *anyone* in Korea that gets that much sleep? (I haven't met anyone yet.) Studying is very difficult, especially if you are only getting 7 or 8 hours of sleep.

Try to go to sleep earlier and study at the times that you are most alert. Exercise gives a person more energy and a greater ability to focus. Are you getting enough exercise? Also, try to drink more water. Have you ever seen a plant that looks wilted and "tired"? A big glass of water can help.

Try to study in a quiet place that is enjoyable. Shut off the T.V., computer, radio or anything that might disturb you. Make yourself a yummy snack and sit at a desk or table with a comfortable chair. Are certain subjects easier or harder? Do the harder tasks first and take a tea or water break and stretch every fifteen minutes or so. Reward yourself when you have finished your homework. Good luck! Sugo hasayo!

Your friend,
Sook-Hee

No comments:

Post a Comment